Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question below to see its answer.
My Internet is Out
- Is the problem with email, web browsing, or both
- If you can access Facebook on your computer or tablet, but can’t get email, the problem is most likely with your device
- If directly plugged into the router or switch, can you access the Internet?
- If the customer plugs in upstream and can surf, then the issue is with the device
- Are all the cables plugged in?
My Internet is Slow
- Did you do a speed test on the device?
- Run a speed test from 2 different devices at http://speedtest.cltel.com/
- How many devices are currently accessing your home network?
- All devices share the same bandwidth, so a heavy user could affect the overall speed. You may need to call CL Tel and upgrade your Internet speed to support all of your devices
I can’t connect to my WiFi
- Make sure the password being typed in is correct
- Can you see WiFi SSID on any device (PC, laptop, cell, tablet)
- Reboot router; reboot switch/modem; reboot PC, cell or table
My router is excessively hot
- If the vent ports are blocked or covered with dust, it may be overheating and malfunctioning